List: Prishtina-E

[Prishtina-E] (no subject)

LeftyLiss at aol.com LeftyLiss at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 22:45:43 EDT 2000

Thanks for the web site.  Our church sponsored a refugee family last summer.
One family provided them with a place to live and four others (including
mine) tended to their everyday needs such as school contacts, doctors,
dentists, shopping, outings, recreation, visits, etc.  We got so close to
them, especially the sixteen year old boy.  He spent lots of time at our
house and we got him a part time job and took him to and from work, etc.  The
father decided to return home and the family seemed to be ready, too - with
mixed feelings, of course.  The boy wanted to stay here.  We came to love him
as our own and he called us his American Ma Ma and Daddy.  Of course, it was
awful when they left.  I cried for two solid days and still think about them
constantly.  Although the four children spoke English fairly well, we only
know a few Albanian words.  They cannot read or write English very well and I
don't know how to communicate when we get their address.  All I know is that
they will go to Pristina and then home which is in a small place (American
word for "flat").  I would give anything to let them know we are always here
and to know they are safe and happy.  Thanks.