List: NYC-L

[NYC-L] Redski Hazy

Jeton Ademaj jeton at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:15:48 EDT 2005

"Ms. Xa" :

I appreciate the art with which you postulate Florin Krasniqi as a CIA
sockpuppet, but there is substantial evidence that Mr. Krasniqi raised this
money from Albanians in the USA. As I stated initially, the current film is
the outgrowth of the journalistic relationship between former Newsweek
reporter Stacy Sullivan and Florin, which first manifested in a NYTimes
magazine coverstory from 11/98, also titled "The Brooklyn Connection". The
article chronicled Florin's fundraising efforts along with some of those of
the wider Albanian diaspora.

As for the legality of Florin's actions, I get the impression Florin's
transactions were entirely legal; if you think otherwise, state your case.
Unless your case is simply that this is all CIA pixie-dust, if so I can
recommend a haberdasher of fine foils, and can make you a most fetching
unisex pork-pie in Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil, sized to your specification of
course.

The United States has a profound history of freedom, at least for it's
citizens --the criteria for which has expanded over the years. One of the
most profound is the freedom of self-defense, with commensurate means. Its
called the right to keep and bear arms, and it is enshrined the Second
Amendment. Florin would not have a problem learning the legal status of
firearms purchase if he or anyone made a determined effort to learn...this
is not some big secret. I get the sense that you're more accustomed to
government that keeps the legal procedures of armed self-defense some sort
of arcane secret-- where would that be exactly, "Ms. Xa"?

Your ruminations of the nature of heroism notwithstanding, the word 'hero'
is certainly in the vernacular, and has transcended any mythopoetic
formality. By many definitions, Florin's actions are entirely heroic, in the
sense that an everyday man got involved in the struggle for freedom from a
monstrous oppressor that his relatives lived for, and made a great success
of it. The impression is clear you feel Florin's story is a mirage and you
know the real one. The problem is you are on a list with many people who
actually lived this reality, and if I were you I wouldn't expect to be
entertained for long. If you actually have some sort of evidence or even
reasonable basis to back your stated suspicions, offer them.

Simply hissing accusations in an ambigous semantic fog will get you flamed,
otherwise :)

Jeton