List: NYC-L

[NYC-L] PBS KLA Hatchet Job QUESTIONS

ms. xa jetkoti at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:12:19 EDT 2005

Jeton,

I have yet to see the film when it gets broadcast again, but I thoroughly
looked at the website and couldn't find answers to my questions. Perhaps you
will be so kind as to venture an answer to them.

First, I was wondering HOW did Mr. Krasniqi manage to get licensed to
purchase the arms he did (let alone so smoothly to get them to his
destination)? Parenthetically, there is an interactive thing on the website
that traces how a weapon can make it from Tennessee or Kentucky to Kosova,
but there is no actual attempt to trace the legal procedures Mr. Krasniqi
followed. There is way too much emphasis on the part of the filmmaker on
just how easy it is to do this for sinister reasons, but nothing is really
pronounced or clarified as to how this was actually done.

Second, HOW did Mr. Krasniqi manage to raise $30,000,000, legally, I assume,
and not through any illegal or otherwise covert means? Has this
'fund-raising' been documented in any way? If so, how come it doesn't seem
to have been included in the documentary, not to any detail but just
generally enough so as to sound feasible, as the kind of money that could
have REALISTICALLY been raised by ethnic Albanians themselves (assuming
every single Albanian living in the US, including all well-do Albanian
businessmen, had contributed to some degree).

And maybe lastly, WHERE did Mr. Krasniqi, at the time that he agreed to
becoming the hot subject of a film (for after all, he was absolutely "film
material"-and I am not going to miss it again!)  find guarantee that he
would be all right with the law, both US and international, for having
otherwise engaged in (supported) the killing of many people? I guess I'm
asking how come Mr. Krasniqi has no fear of being singled out as a possible
terrorist (or someone with links to more familiar terrorist organizations)
by the US government, even though the way he 'used' this country was
(supposedly) legal on every count (that the reader/viewer isn't allowed to
learn much about? (By the way, the "expert" links included in the website
that talk about arm acquisition in this country weren't quite helpful in
trying to understand HOW Mr. Krasniqi exploited the law so skillfully.)

Indeed what sort of an Albanian "hero" is this Florin Krasniqi. Balkan
history and literature have since taught that a people's hero (e.g.
Skenderbeu) exists to the extent that he kills and doesn't get killed
himself, or only at the end.the hero is someone who knows how to and has the
means (physical, financial, political, etc.) of waging war. A hero is
someone of great personality and terrifying strength, like Achilles, with
"connections" to and favored by the gods, who in turn are amused at the
human tragicomedy as they watch from Mount Olympos the Trojans and the
Acheans tearing each other apart-with their help!  And like Achilles too, a
hero must be weak only at the hill, and that is precisely where he ends up
getting fatally wounded. If Krasniqi is going to be trumpeted a hero, "an
American son of Kosovo," a person who doesn't buy Ms. Klartjee's motivations
and story telling, nor Mr. Krasniqi's account, can only venture a dangerous
guess as to who Krasniqi's god is, the god that helped him set up "elephant
hunting clubs" (as absurd as this would have clearly been to any European
airport check point.coming from Albania.unless, of course, there were orders
from the gods), the god that poured money from the heavens and trained and
supported his successful mission. Perhaps this movie is a cover up for stuff
that readers/viewers like me, and certainly the curious world at large, and
the enemies, needn't know about.

Pehraps Mr. Krasniqi didn't have a "double" but a "triple-life," and
"Brooklyn Connection" maybe merely seeks to eliminate possible rumors about
his 'third' one, one funded and supported by the invisible hand of mighty
CIA (and it wouldn't be exactly the first time they did this).

Thanks,

xa