List: ALBSA-Info

[ALBSA-Info] do you know recent immigrants with children? (fwd)

Eriola Kruja kruja at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 18 10:50:58 EDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:49:29 -0500
From: Adnan Derti <adnan at genetics.med.harvard.edu>

Miredita.

Please let me know if you know recent immigrants, Albanian or otherwise,
whose children would benefit from an intensive summer language program.

Harvard's Refugee Youth Summer Enrichment is an intensive language
program for 14- to 20-year-olds run by Harvard undergraduate students.
They are willing to allow into the program immigrants who are not
necessarily refugees. Classes meet from 6 to 9 PM Monday to Thursday,
starting on June 25. The students take an assessment test and are placed
into groups accordingly (beginner, intermediate, advanced, SAT/college
prep). "Our kids" have attended for the past two summers, and I can
assure you that this program is excellent. The fee is $45 but is
typically waived for families in need. In the past, the teachers drove
the students home, but transportation will be limited this year.

Adnan