










link to alb-net
E-MAIL
US |
Updated at 12:50 PM on
March 28, 1999
Henry Kissinger: Make Kosova
Independent
In today's This Week programme, former
Secretary of State stated that the American administration should recognize the
independance of Kosova, and when asked what will Russians say, he said that Russians are
not an issue here.
Steve Forbes: Arm Kosovars
The millionaire publisher supports airstrikes but criticizes the administration's policy
in the region. "We should make sure that the victims of aggression are armed
sufficiently to defend themselves. It's their lives, their homes, their communities and
families and they would do it," Forbes said on the Rush Limbaugh radio show.
"And [we should] also make clear to Milosevic -- the bloody dictator -- that if he
puts together a military offensive, we will use air power against him. That way we would
avoid having to put in American ground forces."
Ultimatum, forcing
the Albanians to leave
Istog, March 28 (Kosovapress) Serbian military-police has gave a ultimatum to the
population of these regions, Istog, Dubrave, Muzhevina, Tomoc, Kovraga, Llukavc of Beg,
Gurakocit, Banjes, Lluges, Lubova, Lubozhda, Rashica, Caralluka, to leave their houses
immediately. Population has been pushed by force to leave their houses.About 1500
albanians were forced to leave from Rozhaja. In the triangle Vrella-Banja-Radavc, about
50.000 displaced people are being placed, where many of them are coming from the city of
Peja.Flames of the fire can be seen everywhere. Witness are saying that in Peja, there are
tens of people being massacred.
All roads leading out of Prishtina are blocked
Prishtina, March 28 (Kosovapress) About the midday, serbian military special forces have
blocked all ways leading out of Prishtina. Whole town is completely blocked and everone
who tries to escape from the ,town is maltreated or killed. The aim of this blocade is ,
to use albanian civilians as protection from the NATO airstrikes.
NATO: 500,000 ethnic Albanians
displaced by Serbs
BRUSSELS, Belgium (CNN) -- More than half a million ethnic Albanian refugees have fled
what NATO calls Yugoslavia's "scorched-earth policy" in Kosovo, creating the
beginnings of a humanitarian crisis, an alliance spokesman said Sunday.
"This is now a systematic campaign against the Kosovo population at large," said
NATO spokesman Jamie Shea. "We are seeing reports of ethnic cleansing operations
going on in a number of areas.
"Even more alarming," Shea said of the refugees now streaming across the border
into Albania and Macedonia, "is that the majority of these people are women and
children. What has happened to the males between the ages of 16 and 60?"
Refugees were reporting that the men in their families were being separated from them as
they were forced from their homes.
"Fortunately, I thank God, I saved my 15-year-old son," said Fehmije Haxhiolli,
who escaped into Albania with an extend family of 30. "I put a dress on him and a
shawl and the Serbs thought he was a woman."
Haxhiolli said the Serbs told the family they would be shot if they were still in Kosovo
the following morning.
The Yugoslav army and Serbian special police forces were pursuing ethnic Albanians
relentlessly, NATO said, chasing them from their homes before burning houses to the
ground. Ethnic Albanian leader Ibrahim Rugova was reported to be in hiding, his home
burned, Shea said.
"Whether we like it or not we have to recognize that we are on the brink of a major
humanitarian disaster in Kosovo the likes of which have not been seen in Europe since the
closing stages of World War II," he said, adding that more than 500,000 ethnic
Albanians have now been displaced from their homes in Kosovo.
Bosnian veterans reported in Kosovo
The Serbs' attacks have worsened, NATO said, since the advent of bombing earlier this
week. NATO's campaign was launched to try to force Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic
to sign a peace agreement that would stop the conflict between the Serbs and ethnic
Albanians who make up the majority of the Kosovo province.
NATO said its bombing campaign would continue in an effort to stop these
"genocidal" attacks, and said it was collecting evidence for use in possible war
crimes prosecutions in the future.
"We're collecting information on Serbian security forces," said British Defense
Secretary George Robertson. "Those carrying out acts are committing war crimes. Those
in authority can also be brought to justice."
A paramilitary commander known as Arkan is believed to be among those in charge in Kosovo.
Arkan's forces were accused of widespread atrocities during the Bosnian war.
"He is a notorious and noxious thug," Robertson said. "The fact that
Milosevic has recruited people such as Arkan and sent them to Kosovo tells us all anyone
needs to know about his true intentions."
The list of the massacred people
neaby the Bridge of Bellaja
Rahivec, March 28 (Kosovapress) Today the situation is little bit quite, but the part
which includes the villages of Bellacerk, Celina, Krusha e Madhe, Hoqe e Vogel, Nagavc,
Randobrav, Brestovc are completely destroyed. The names of the massacred people nearby the
Bellaja Bridge, between villages of Bellacerk, Celina and Rugova. Up to now we have
confirmations for 53 names of massacred people: 1. Nazmi Selim Popaj 2. Nesim Selim Popaj
3. Shendet Sabri Popaj 4. Agron Sabri Popaj 5. Azllan Remzi Popaj 6. Ethem Halim Popaj 7.
Kreshnik Ethem Popaj 8. Hazer Malush Popaj 9. Bedrush Avdullah Popaj 10.Avdullah Bedrush
Popaj 11.Mursel Vesel Popaj 12.Sahit Vesel Popaj 13.Behlul Mursel Popaj 14 Isuf Haki Popaj
15.Vehap Haki Popaj 16.Mehmet Isuf Popaj 17.Xhavit Syle Popaj 18.Rrustem Halit Popaj
19.Hysni Smajl Popaj 20.Eshref Deme Zhuniqi 21.Fatos Deme Zhuniqi 22.Labinot Fatos Zhuniqi
23.Muhamet Hamez Zhuniqi 24.Reshit Muhamet Zhuniqi 25.Bilall Hamez Zhuniqi 26.Shemsi
Bilall Zhuniqi 27.Muharrem Shemsi Zhuniqi 28.Xhemail Xheme Zhuniqi 29.Bajram Xheme Zhuniqi
30.Abedin Hasan Zhuniqi 31.Hime Shaip Zhunniqi 32.Destan Jupe Zhuniqi 33.Qamil Zymer
Zhuniqi 34.Hasim Hajdin Zhuniqi 35.Hysni Ali Fetoshi 36.Dush Fetah Fetoshi 37.Fatmir Hamez
Fetoshi 38.Halim Ethem Fetoshi 39.Habib Shaqir Gashi 40.Murat Berisha 41.Musa Qazim
Berisha 42.Xaje Ibrahim Kelmendi-Morina. While the family of Çlirim Qamil Zhuniqi
together with its wife and three children has reached to escape, and the six member family
of Albert Spahiu from Opterusha has escaped. There are confirmations about 33 people being
buried nearby Bellaja Bridge, while two others are buried in Xerxe, and these are :Alban
Remzi Popaj and Hysni Smail Popaj.Both of them have been wounded before and they have died
from the wounds.
Appeal to the international
humanitarian organizations
Drenica, March 28 (Kosovapress) Accross mountains, valleys and abrupt places, there are
thousnds of displaced people: women, children, old age people, people being sick and left
without food and clothes, and among them there are large number of the wounded people
without any humanitarian help, where from one moment to another they are waiting for death
to come, either from serbian terrorist forces or from unresisting conditions of everyday
life ,which is pressing them as one iron pincher. We appeal to all international
humanitarian organizations, or any other institution who is able to rift the apocalistic
enclosure, to act right now in order to save what has remanied. There are not in big
danger only thousanda of albanian civilians, but a whole nation, a nation which is
struggling for life, even though, massacred, killed and it is bleading. Within the day,
informations about hundred people being massacred are coming.Serbian terrorists are
killing everyone the face in the villages and in the cities, without any hesitation by
gathering them together and puting in the holes. Nobody knows nothing about the fate of
20.000 albanians captured in the village of Qirez, thousands more being in the circle of
Krajkova, Gllogoc, Skenderaj, and many many others who are wriggling over the mountains of
Llap, Shala,Drenica, nearby the Drin, Dukagjin etc. Relevant international military
factors are called that through the air to come in help to these people, by droping to
them packages with food and clothes, for thousands of albanians, as the only hope to
survive after these fatal destructions.
Citizens of Peja are expeled by force from their
houses and they are send in the direction of Vitomirica
Peja, March 28 (Kosovapress) According to a phone call, received from one citizen of this
town, over than 30.000 citizens of Peja are expeled by force from their houses and after
they send them in the direction of Vitomirica. It is suggested that maybe they are sending
them in the factory of "Kariq" brothers.
The monument of Lidhja
Prizreni,demolished by serbs
Prizren, March 28 (Kosovapress) Thousands of albanians heve been forced to leave from
their homes, because of the serbian terrorist forces. During these expulsions many of the
young people were executed.Over than 50.000 civil albanians fromthe villages of Suhareka,
Rahovec and Prizren are expeled by force and they are forced to leave for Albania. Up to
now, more than 20.000 albanian civilians have come to Albania. While, criminals of the
serbian military-police, have completely destroyed the Lidhja Prizrenit (Prizrens` Joint)
monument. Kosova Liberation Army, except facing with serbian forces, is doing everything
to protect civil albanians.
Serbian terrorist forces have killed Tahir Tahiri
and his 18 year, son
Shala, March 28 (Kosovapress) The condition of the expeled people placed on the Bajgora
Hills, is catastrophice. They are left without any food and any clothes. 200 albanian
civilians being captured by serbian criminal police, are released today from a factory
nearby the Trepça mine. Many of these people were maltreated. Serbian terrorist have
killed in Stanterg, Tahir Tahirin and his 18 year son. In the place where captured people
were held, serbian terrorist military, placed its tanks and heavy arsenal in oreder to
defend from NATO airstrikes.
20 Albanian civilians burnt and 12
others executed by serbian criminals
Gjakova, March 28 (Kosovapress) Yesterday, in Gjakova, inside in their houses, 20 albanian
civilians are being burnt by serbian terrorists of the Yugoslav facist regime. While in
the city of Peja, 12 albanian civilians were executed by serbian terrorist forces. The
population of these cities is trying to ecape in secure places, because they are afraid of
the new massacres. |